Incremental Index Of Wikipedia
Launch1 Wikipedia pages by keypresses2 in the 'Luatype' input fields.
- On focus a list appears, that shows all definite continuations sorted in columns to mimic an index.
- Rows ending in … require further distinction.
- Each valid keypress advances the list of possible continuations
or opens the page on Wikipedia3.
The key to take the current prefix is <return>, when alternatives still exist.
- The input field takes 1 character at a time and appends the corresponding row to the sequence on the left.
- skyblue: single letter typed
- white: one ore more letters autocompleted
- A mismatched key is probed again with its case changed.
- Invalid input is selected to be overwritten.
- Undo last input with the <backspace> key.
- WikiMedia page titles do not contain spaces! They are substituted by underscores. Compare to Wikipedia's own index A—Z_index.
- The mobile user interface on touch devices does not use the soft keyboard for efficiency.